What You Need to Know When Switching IT Support Companies
A question that is often asked is “what information is important to have when switching IT support companies, or when an IT person is leaving the organization?”
First you must identify accounts that were being used.
It is a good idea to make sure that you have passwords for all systems and services. These could include:
• Internet Service Provider
• Phone Provider details
• Website Hosting Provider details
• Email Provider or “Administrator” logon credentials
• Email Spam Filtering Provider
• Backup Solution Information (Accompanying documentation is a critical addition to this point)
• Internet Registrar where your Domain Name information is managed (Such as GoDaddy, Network Solutions, Wix, Registrar, etc.)
• Anti-virus Provider
• Anti-malware Provider
• Software Vendors (For both on premise and cloud-based solutions)
• Hardware Vendors (Warranty information for all hardware is quite helpful)
• Hardware Key Locations (Some servers, racks and other hardware items have locking options)
• Hardware passwords (routers, firewalls, switches, servers, laptops, desktops,)
• Most Importantly, Server and/or Firewall “Administrator” logon credentials
Any additional documentation is helpful, for when it comes to documentation it is better to have too much than too little!
On the last day, plan to change all of your Administrator passwords for all systems. This will allow you to address any missing passwords immediately and not be left unable to access critical systems.
We at Advanced Systems Solutions have helped thousands of organizations to review their operations, so contact us if you need any assistance or have any questions. We love to help!
Like our Facebook page by clicking on the icon at the top right of this page to stay up to date with date with current alerts and information!
Disclaimer: The above information is not intended as technical advice. Additional facts or future developments may affect subjects contained herein. Seek the advice of an IT Professional before acting or relying on any information in this communiqué.